Ruth Ball, Edmonton, AB

A Trip to the Doctors

In February 2016 I went into the Doctors office as I was having an issue with my heart since November and thought it was time to have it checked out.

I had to go for a blood test which came back that my iron was deficient, my red blood cells were tiny, and thyroid was hyperactive. I was advised that these may be the reason that my heart was having issues.

So I decided to start cleaning up my liver and intestines. The Doctor then determined the heart was not the issue, so he tested my thyroid in June. I was still working on cleaning my liver and intestines when I was sent to an Endocrinologist in August.

A Graves Diagnosis

After looking at my charts, he gave me a diagnosis of Graves ’ disease and advised me that I would be on medication for the rest of my life and I required an additional blood test to determine needed dosage.  Had the blood work done in the same building and was called in a couple of days with the result that I did not have Graves’ disease!


So then I was given the diagnoses of Hashimoto’s.From August to December 2016 my family Doctor kept an eye on me with additional blood tests; just before Christmas the Doctor called to tell me that my last blood work results confirmed that my thyroid was not in working order!

January 4, 2017, I decided to eat raw as “Avena Originals” staff had challenged all of us to a 30-day challenge!

Thyroid Cancer
Received a call from the Endocrinologist two days later to confirm that I had Papillary Thyroid Cancer and my surgery will be scheduled sometime next week.
I advised him that I was going to hold off on the surgery and at that time he advised me over that phone call that  “I was going to die!”

Fighting Back with Avena Originals

In addition to eating 100% clean and raw, I immediately started taking 100 “Super Digestive Enzymes” and “1/2 bottle of powdered “Proteolytic Probiotics.”

In February the three “lumps” were tested and they had become smaller. I continued with the high Enzymes and Probiotics and scheduled a live blood test.


In April, and the technician advised that my blood was not showing any signs of cancer; however, what was interesting you could see where my cells were rebuilding/mending over.


Until the end of July, I was eating a 100% raw diet for 120 days; the diet changed to eating clean.  The number of Enzymes lowered from 100 to approx. 50 to 70 a day and Probiotics from ½ a container to 1/3 a day.

End of July 2017, I had now the results from the week before!  My family Doctor said “I do not know what to say, I am obligated to tell you to go for the surgery. However, it is clear that your treatment has worked.  Your heart is fine, your blood work is wonderful, and your ultrasound confirms that there is no activity.” he agreed to wait and see, with no further tests or treatments.

~ Ruth Ball, Edmonton, AB

— Thyroid Cancer Survivor – Ruth Ball