VALENTINE CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRIES
by Bev Klatt, Avena Member — Oliver BC
- 14 Fresh Strawberries
- ¼ cup Cacao Powder
- ¼ cup Avena’s Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Agave Nectar
- ½ cup Slivered Almonds (optional)
- ½ cup Fine Coconut (optional)
- 2 drops of essential orange oil, or other natural flavours of choice.
- Mix the chocolate and coconut oil together, then add the agave nectar and the essential oil. Mix well.
- With a knife, spread chocolate on the Strawberries, then roll half the strawberries into the slivered almonds and the other half into the coconut.
- Place in refrigerator to cool. Serve cold.
Ways to serve
- 1- put into a dish.
- 2- place into valentine shaped box.
- 3- push skewers into the green stem of strawberries and place into a box to look like roses.
- 4- place each Valentine chocolate in a clear cellophane bag with tie and place into vase