by Heather McKenzie, Avena Member — Onoway, AB
Makes: approximately 4 dozen
- 1/4 cup packed chopped organic sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbs of Raw Chocolate
- 12 dates, rinsed under warm water
- 1/2 tsp of Avena’s Pristine Sea Salt (to taste)
- 2 tsp of Agave syrup
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- more agave syrup
- 1 cup of packed ground organic sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp of Avena’s Pristine Sea Salt (to taste)
- 12 hours before beginning, soak 3 cups of organic sunflower seeds in 6 cups of water.
- After 12 hours, rinse and allow to dry on a towel before beginning this recipe.
- Chop the sunflower seeds using a food processor and remove to a mixing bowl.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of the seeds (packed) and return them to the processor (or blender). Add in the other top ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Place some Agave syrup on a dish and, on a plate beside it, place a 1/2 cup of the chopped sunflower seeds from the mixing bowl.
- Using a measuring spoon (1/2 teaspoon), scoop out a ball of the mixed ingredients and roll it in the agave syrup and then in the chopped sunflower seeds.
- Finish forming the ball by rolling it between your palms, being sure that all of the balls has been covered with the seeds.
- Enjoy immediately or place in the freezer for later.