2 small(1 medium) napa cabbage
4 carrots julienned
1-3tsp chilies (for spice)
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp grated ginger
1 sliced daikon radish
1/4 cup Pristine Sea Salt
6 cups water
- Slice the cabbage and green scallions, daikon and carrots and put them all in a bowl together.
- In a separate container add the salt to water to dissolve and create a brine solution.
- Put the veggies in a glass jar, pour the brine so it completely covers the veggies.
- Cover the jar and let sit overnight (8 hours).
- Drain and reserve brine, add in garlic, ginger and chilies and mix together to make a paste.
- Mix paste and veggies into the jar, keep veggies in brine (use a weight).
- Let sit either on counter or fridge until desired flavour is reached (usually 3 days).