Can’t resist Cheesecake? You don’t have too. Try this delicious alternative that will take your taste buds for a spin.
by Melissa Krutzfeldt , Avena Staff Member — Red Deer, AB
- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- 1/2 tsp Avena’s Pristine Sea Salt
- 6 pitted dates
- 3 cups Cashews
- 3/4 cup Avena’s Coconut Oil (liquid state)
- 3/4 cup Agave or your favourite sweetener
- 5 lemons freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract (alcohol free)
- To make the crust, combine almonds and Pristine salt in a food processor and blend well.
- Slowly add the dates.
- Spread into a 9” spring form pan and set aside.
- To make the filling, combine all the other ingredients in a blender and process till you get a creamy smooth consistency.
- Pour over crust and freeze until firm.
- Remove from freezer and let thaw in the fridge. Garnish with your favourite berries or use Avena’s Raw Chocolate Fondue Sauce recipe.