GOJI MEETS WALDORF
These super foods make this a super salad!Get SUPER!
Serves: 1– 2
- ¼ cup goji berries, soaked in ½ cup spring water
- ¼ cup raw walnuts, coarsely chopped, soaked in ½ cup spring water with a pinch of Avena’s Pristine Sea Salt
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup green seedless grapes halved
- cup diced apple with skin on (Golden Delicious, or any apple you prefer to eat raw)
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp liquid raw honey
- 1 Tbsp hemp oil
- several small Romaine lettuce leaves
- pinch of Avena’s Pristine Sea Salt
- one or two walnut halves for garnish
- Overnight, or several hours in advance: soak the goji berries and walnuts in two separate bowls at room temperature, then drain (make sure you drink the soak water from the gojis!).
- Combine goji berries, walnuts, celery, grapes and apple in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Drizzle next 3 ingredients over and toss to coat. Arrange lettuce leaves on a serving plat and top with combined mixture.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of Celtic sea salt (for delicious sweet-salty flavour), and garnish with walnut halves.
- Serve immediately – best at room temperature.