CREAMY CUCUMBER SOUP
by Amanda Waldner, Avena Member — Kelowna, BC
Yield : 2 servings
Equipment Required : Juicer
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 large cucumber with skin
- 2 – 3 stalks celery
- lemon juice, to taste (try apple cider vinegar for a different taste)
- Avena’s Pristine Sea Salt, to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped fine
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped fine
- Juice your cucumber and celery, then add lemon juice or apple cider vinegar and salt.This is your broth.
- In a plate, mash the ripe avocado and slowly add into your soup broth, while stirring continuously (a whisk works great for this!).
- Take a large spoonful of each of tomato, cucumber, and red union and drop them into the broth.
- This soup should be thick and creamy, so if you need to, add more mashed avocado.
Sprinkle with a teaspoon of fresh or dried dill – add more if you love dill!