CHOCOLATE HALVAHIf you have never heard of Halvah, it refers to many types of dense, sweet, candy like confection of Turkish origin. Be adventurous and try this delicious Halvah recipes.
by Avena Staff Member
Serves: 2 – 4
- 1 1/2 cups Walnuts or almonds or mixture of both (soaked and dehydrated)
- 1/2 cup Raw tahini
- 3 Tbsp. Agave nectar
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Raw Carob Powder
- 1 tsp. Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp. Avena Pristine Sea Salt
- 1 cup Raw Chocolate – Cacao Nibs (nibs soaked overnight, water drained)
- Place all ingredients into a food processor except for Chocolate Nibs.
- Process until creamy smooth.
- Transfer mixture from food processor to bowl.
- Fold in Chocolate Nibs by hand.
- Place mixture onto large plate and form into a cake shape. Enjoy! (Store covered in refrigerator.)